Friday, July 15, 2011

my birthing story... ;)


its been 21 days since I gave birth to adorable, sweet and chabelita baby girl. we named her Anaiah Francesca, so girly name they say.. my hubby call her Fran for short while me i call her Franya.. :) the below story is all about the day of the special moment of my life and the start of my overwhelming tasks of being a mother..

during my 37 weeks, i can sense that i am having a very light contractions, though i dont mind it because the interval is not close. it takes 2 hours interval so i was not really into thinking that she would like to come out. Come June 22, my doctor had asked me if i wanted an elective CS because our baby is still in breech position. as I cannot decide on the date, I asked her if it can be July 8 since my edd is on July 9, she said "can, but if your baby can still wait, otherwise it will be an emergency cs..." so when my Mother in law came here last june 25, she keep on telling me do not wait for labor anymore, perhaps she really wanted to see the baby already hahaha, excited na siguro masyado. for me on the other hand, is torn on the date, i told myself, July 3 nalang... kaso 6 nalang kaso.. as in super dami kong what if..

so June 28, we watched Green Lantern, my tummy is also aching but i didnt think its contractions, i also noticed that baby is so likot.. i thought at first it was due to the movie we were watching... anyway, came 2am of June 29, i cant sleep, she is so likot talaga, and looked like that hour i started to go to washroom, then i drink water... tapos, likot pa rin, i woke up around 3am, same thing, likot talaga, then i went to washroom to pee then drank water again, then by 420am, grabe hindi na talaga ako makatulog, i spoke to her, i told her, "baby, please lets go to sleep, nanay need to go to the office in the morning" same thing, i went to the restroom and drank water.. then i was able to sleep soundly.. kaso by 521am... napatakbo ako sa washroom because, my undies, my shorts and my bedsheet is BASA! and water is dripping, nagulat at nagising si hubby and mother in law, i even checked my pantyliner and so basa talaga, its clear water, so inamoy ko pa, i thought its my water bag... then hubby said "baka naman naiihi ka lang" then i looked at him saying "hindi ito na... gusto na niya lumabas" then I asked my mother in law "mama nie, ano po gagawin ko?" that was when i took a bath. and i couldnt contain myself, there i put a maternity pad after almost 9 months of not wearing a napkin... then i was calling my sister, around 6am.. she was not answering.. so i changed my clothes, that was when my hubby asked me "gumagalaw ba si baby" then I said, "no"... i cant feel it. so takbo na kami sa hospital... while at the taxi, my hubby held my hand and asked "munch, anu na name ni baby? hay, di pa rin kami natapos sa name..."

630am, at the delivery Suite, the receptionist asked why we came to the hospital and i said " i think my water bag is leaking" and i suddently asked to go to the toilet dahil feeling ko kulang ang maternity pad na suot ko at basa na ako... so the nurse/receptionist accompanied me to the toilet and there i saw a "show" mucus with a bit of blood... i told myself eto na ito...then the nurse, rushed us to the labor room and waited there... as usual, some medical staff keep on asking me about my pregnancy etc. and the nurse, tried to put on the fetal heart monitor... at first hinahanap niya ung heartbeat ni baby na hindi niya makita kasi sa may pelvic bone sya nagchecheck.. my hubby asked her twice, " are you checking on the heartbeat of the baby?" and the nurse didnt respond. till i said to her, pls try checking at the lower part of my breast, that is where she got the heartbeat and said "thank God" kinabahan din kami ha.. then she said, your baby is breech? hehehe, talaga at the labor, breech pa din si baby. then the midwife came up to me and gave me some instruction that since we did not request for elective cs, it will be considered as emergency cs due to the presentation of the baby... then my doctor came, I smiled at her... i told her "doc, sorry i know you will going to scold us" then she said "no lah, i just told you before normally first born either they want to come out early or after..." that day was supposed to be a scheduled check up last with her at night kaso inabutan na nga ako. ;) then i started calling my boss, informing her i am already at the hospital and she couldnt imagine, kasi hindi ko halos naendorse lahat... as in even my ML was not yet applied, my claims for reimbursement, the Witholding taxes i need to clear for her, the entries i need to pass on rental invoices etc... madami pa.. pero super supportive ni boss and the whole of my team. so i was so happy..

at 830 am, doctor came to me again and asked, when was my last food and water intake? i said it was around 421am.. and i asked her, since its emergency cs, can i bring my hubby inside... she said, she is not sure but she will ask for exception daw.. naku sana sana,,, then she said by 930am, you can give birth already... then another in house doctor came up to me and said my hubby unfortunately was not allowed to be with me at the theater room. and they transferred me to the other bed and brought me to the ward, that's where some pinay nurses took me and they couldnt allow my hubby to go inside na.

920am, there were about 3 pinays, 2 indian and 2 chinese nurses, helping my doctor to arrange the things for the surgery then an anaestheologist na pinoy also came and explained that he will need to give me epidural na. dito ako natakot... while the pinay holding my arms and my upper body para lumabas ung spine ko, i closed my eyes and prayed our Father, hail Mary and Glory Be, mga 5x ata un, then i sensed the tube coming inside of my spine, and boom, natawa ako kasi they told me to lie down and i couldnt feel anything at the lower part, as in numb sya! astig!

then they put a curtain na in front of my face and all i could remember was they were stretching my tummy, removing the baby and looked like nahihirapan pa si doc. ang bilis ng pangyayari, after 20mins, i heard my baby cried! as in super lakas ng cry! ang tagal, then the indian nurse i guess cleaned her... then she came back to me and said "mommy, congratulations, is a cute baby girl!the first thing i checked was her nose, and true nagmana sa tatay! hindi man lang nakuha ang ilong ko :( hahaha, and i kissed her. my doctor just say, congratulations marie!then back to work, nakakaloka ang bilis talaga, then after removing my placenta, that was when they open the curtain, and i saw the assistant doctor na guy..nahiya naman ako hehehe...the pinay nurse said that guy used to see lots of 'it' na daw so no worries.

1030am, then they brought me to the recovery room... i spent another 1.5 hours pero super normal ako, i dont feel any paid at all. parang wala lang talaga..that was when i asked another nurse if i could drink water... kaya pala hindi ako pinapansin, hindi pa pala pwede...

1140am, i was brought to the room already. feeling no pain and i was excited to see my baby again...

by 3pm, di ko na kaya, gutom na talaga ako, they gave me milo pero it was my hubby who drank it din, in short, wala rin di pa pwede kumain.. only by 6pm, that i was allowed to eat...

looking back, the only thing i would want to turn back was when the nursery nurses asked me if i want to bfeed my baby that night and super pagod ako after the operation, i opted to sleep, should i agree to it mas nafeel kong nanay ako, though this past few days were so frustrating and overwhelming dahil even if she cry, i dont know for what reason, triny ko na atang tumambling crylaloo pa rin... i must say, i still see God's blessing in her.

i love our baby franya!

No comments:

Post a Comment